12 August, 2006

What we know about each other

What can I tell you about the guy who sells Z magazines outside the supermarket across the street? I can tell you he's a nice guy. I know this because he's usually smiling and often says hello. This is what the Z salesmen do, and I buy it from this guy. He's unassuming, but his presence is not negligible. He pantomimes exaggerated amusement when he sees me leave the liquor store next to the supermarket with two arms full of wine. I see him walking around the neighborhood sometimes. He has a pleasant gait. Says hello then, too. He's not Dutch, his complexion is ruddy-dark, he likes jumpsuits, and there's a light in his eye that reveals depth and confusion in equal measure.

I wonder what he can tell you about me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home